Your Invitation to the Parler Parlor
Dear Parler Paris Reader,
For more than 9 years, Marie-Elisabeth Crochard and I have been exchanging French and English conversation with thousands of you of over 50 different nationalities in what we call the “Parler Parlor French-English Conversation Group.” Each year, we celebrate the September rentrée with a special event. This year, we are pleased to invite you to join us for:
FREE RENTREE BREAKFAST PARTY
Come out and practice the French or English language, and have breakfast for FREE! Enjoy coffee, tea, juice, croissants, pains au chocolats and more!
The party will be held at our Saturday location, Lutèce Langues, 23 bd de Sébastopol, 1st Arrondissement.
Plus, we have special membership offers — sign-up that day and save!
* 12 Sessions for the Price of a 10-Session Card!
* 24 Sessions for the Price of a 20-Session Card!
* 25 Euros Off a 6-Month Membership!
If you’ve never experienced Parler Parlor before, then let me explain just how it works. It is as simple as this:
A coordinator (Marie-Elisabeth or me) directs you into a group of approximately 6 people, balancing it Anglophone-Francophone as well as we can depending on who arrives that session. Usually there are several groups — but we never know who will come nor how many, and there is no predicting it, either! Once the groups are formed, each group is on their own to decide to start off in either French or English. For 45 minutes, they speak in one language, then switch to the other for the last 45 minutes.
The group can discuss any topics they want. We set certain guidelines for success:
1. Be on time. It is disruptive to the groups in session to be added or rearranged to accommodate you.
2. The group should consist of 5 to 7 participants, as well balanced Anglophone/Francophone as possible.
3. When you speak, try to speak slowly and clearly to be easily understood.
4. Only one person should speak at a time. Please avoid speaking to someone in the group while someone else already “has the floor.”
5. Invite everyone to participate and do not monopolize the conversation, especially in your native language. Everyone should have the chance to speak and practice speaking as much as they want in their second language.
6. Start in any language you wish by consensus of the group. Change from one language to the other at half-time (45 minutes) or when it seems appropriate. Sometimes when a group is unbalanced by Anglophones vs. Francophones, you may want wish to compensate by spending more time in the language most group members want to practice speaking.
It’s easy to join the conversation group. All you do is show up 5 minutes ahead and the first time you come is absolutely FREE!
The sessions are 3 times a week and you can come as often or as little as you like:
1. Tuesdays 6:30 to 8 p.m.
2. Wednesdays 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
3. Saturdays 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
AT LUTÈCE LANGUE
Don’t be scared or intimidated by your level of French or English. You have to start SOMEWHERE and remember, everyone is there for the same reason. You’re not alone!
For more information, be sure to visit the Web site at http://www.parlerparlor.com.
We look forward to seeing you at the special Rentrée Breakfast Party!
A la prochaine…
P.S. Please invite ALL your French friends to join Parler Parler…as a good balance between Anglophones and Francophones makes the group perfect! For more information, visit the Web site at http://www.parlerparlor.com
“Your Invitation to the Parler Parlor Rentrée Breakfast Party, September 22″
This entry was posted in 2007, Parler Paris and tagged 10-session card, 20-session card, 45 minutes, 6-month membership, Adrian Leeds Group, Adrian LeedsEditor, Anglophones vs, arrondissement métro odéon, certain guidelines, Conversation Group, different nationalities, English language, EUROCENTRES 13 passage, group members, la prochaine, LE MARAIS Upstairs, Lutèce Langue, Lutèce Langues, Métro Châtelet, Marie-Elisabeth Crochard, native language, Paris Métro Temple, parler paris, Parler Paris classifieds, Parler Paris P.S, parler paris reader, Parler Parlor, Parler Parlor Rentrée, Parlor French-English Conversation, Parlor Rentrée Breakfast, Pont Neuf3, Rentrée Breakfast Party, RENTREE BREAKFAST PARTY, rue dauphine, rue des archives, rue mazarine, Saturday location, Saturdays 11 a.m, september 22 parler, September rentrée, Special Edition, special event, special membership offers, special rentrée breakfast, Web site. Bookmark the permalink.