Sunday Lunch on Chef Susan Herrmann Loomis’ 15th-Century Home in Normandy – On Rue Tatin
March 6, 2016
Take the train to Normandy with me for one of the most scrumptious and wonderful gourmet meals you will ever have in your life…in the lovely and historic town of Louviers with famous author and chef, Susan Herrmann Loomis of “On Rue Tatin.”
Lunch begins with a short cooking demonstration in her beautiful atelier-style kitchen, so that you, too, can go home and make a marvelous Tarte Tatin! This is an opportunity for a group of friends, old and new alike, to take part in a very special afternoon wining and dining to our hearts’ content with Susan in her charming and ancient home in Normandy. Her dining room table with a view on the Cathedral will seat only up to 15, so don’t hesitate to sign up NOW and take advantage of the group discount when two or more register at the same time. Allow about 3.5 hours for this once-in-a-lifetime special event.
• Apéritif with / Amuses-Bouche
• Radis Noir au Beurre Doux et Fleur de Sel, Champignons au Chorizo, Foie Gras Sauté / Black Radish with Sweet Butter and Fleur De Sel, Mushrooms with Chorizo, Sautéed Foie Gras
• Salade de Cresson de Rivière, Betteraves de Pleine Terre Roti, Amandes Grillées / Watercress from the Eure and Field Harvested Roasted Beet Salad with Almonds
• Poulet Paysanne au Calvados et Pommes / Poulet Paysanne with Calvados and Apples
• Endives Braises aux Aromâtes / Herb-Braised Endive
• Pommes de Terre Rôti au Laurier / Roasted Potatoes with Bay Leaves
• Salade du Jardin / Green Garden Salad
• Fromages Normands / Normandy Cheeses
• Tarte Tatin / Caramelized Apple Tart
• Vin et l’Eau / Wine and Water
SAVE WHEN TWO OR MORE ATTEND:
$165 1 person
$150 each for 2 or more people
Limited seating -- 15
(Transportation costs not included)
Select Lunch in the Country
Other 2016 date requests
Then follow the payment instructions, or Email [email protected] to reserve or if you have questions.
WE’RE GETTING TO “ON RUE TATIN” BY THE TRAIN AND BUS: Travel to the Luncheon with Adrian Leeds!
Depart: Gare St. Lazare/Arrive: Val de Reuil
Meet Adrian at the head of the track at Gare Saint-Lazare at 10:15 a.m. with your tickets to board the 10:36 a.m. train to Val de Reuil. Together we will arrive at Val de Reuil at 11:44 and just outside the train station, we will take the red bus number 1 (1€) to Susan’s town of Louviers (If you should miss the train, the next one is at 12:20 p.m., arriving in Val de Reuil at 1:27 p.m.)
Just a 20-minute ride, we’ll descend at the stop just after the Cathedral on the left, the walk back towards the Cathedral to see Susan’s centuries-old house On Rue Tatin across the street. Enter the small wood door marked Privé and we will have arrived – about 12:15 p.m.! (If you take the later train, you will arrive at On Rue Tatin about 2 p.m.)
Buy your train tickets online in advance or at the station. The price varies – but will be approximately 25€ round-trip.
Lunch will begin soon after our arrival and we will enjoy every minute and every morsel until our departure, catching the
3:56 p.m. bus to meet the 4:32 p.m. train back to Paris, arriving at Gare Saint-Lazare at 5:40 p.m.
Or the 4:56 p.m. bus to meet 5:32 p.m. train back to Paris, arriving at Gare Saint-Lazare at 6:40 p.m.