Rue des Filles du Calvaire, 3rd Arrondissement, Le Marais, Two-Bedroom, Two-Bath, Air Conditioning, Sleeps up to 6
After extensive and complete renovation, this luminous and spacious apartment has become another “must visit” during your trip to Paris. Located in a much sought-after part of Le Marais, you will appreciate the calm and quiet of its building, which is set well back from the Parisian traffic and faces one large interior courtyard and a smaller courette.
The focal point of the apartment is its “double séjour” – an extra large living room and dining room combination, which can be divided from the rest of the apartment with sliding, custom etched, glass panel doors. Decorated in beautiful autumnal oranges and earthy browns, this space will be the gathering spot for your group. Whether it is to watch the large flat screen TV, hidden behind a one of a kind painting by Paris artist Pascal Amblard, to dine at the magnificent dining table that seats eight people, or to sleep on the high quality, ultra-suede queen-sized sofa-bed...you will find yourself drawn here.
Located conveniently beside this salon is the very well-equipped open kitchen with high quality finishes and loads of storage. Here there is a refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, La Canche gas stove with four burners and a full-sized oven. Also provided are microwave, drip coffeemaker, espresso machine, electric kettle, toaster, all kitchen utensils, dishes, and glassware.
Moving through the kitchen, to the left is the master bedroom. This ample-sized room has a queen-sized bed, which can be closed off from the world with luxurious draperies installed for just this purpose. The room also features a large, elegantly stenciled armoire for unpacking, a dresser, a desk and two night tables with matching lamps. On the desk is another flat-screen TV.
Walking into the hallway from the master bedroom, on the immediate left is a “salle de bain” with claw-foot tub and rainfall shower head, a sink with vanity and lots of shelf space.
Next door is the laundry closet with state-of-the-art separate washer and dryer.
The separate toilet with its own sink is just across the hall.
Finally, the second bedroom has a luxurious suede trundle bed that becomes two single beds or can be made up as a queen, with full thickness comfortable mattresses. For convenience, the room has a shower in one corner and in the other, an antique commode with sink, closet, and built-in storage under a large window.
Both bedrooms are efficiently air-conditioned, each with their own water-cooled, built-in units.
Included in your rental is cable television, with access to over 150 channels (several in English) on both TVs. WiFi is also provided, as is free telephone with answering machine. Long distance calls to land lines in 100 countries is complimentary. This extends to calls to cell phones in the US and Canada.
Of course, bedding and towels are provided for your use as well as many other amenities.
Métro: Filles de Calvaire (#8), République (#3, #5, #8, #9, #11), Oberkampf (#5, #9)
Bus Line #'s: 20, 65, 96
Amenities Specific to La Fille du Calvaire:
- Double digicode entry system – one at street door and one at entrance to building D
- 2nd floor European (3rd floor American), with elevator
- Very light and bright unit with windows on both sides, wonderful cross ventilation
- Very quiet apartment, overlooks interior, covered courtyard on one side and small, private courette on the other
- Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, one toilet (separate)
- Master bedroom has queen-sized bed that can be made up as two twins, dresser, armoire, desk, bedside tables, TV and large window
- Second bedroom with trundle bed that converts to one double bed or two single beds. This room has its own en suite shower and antique commode with sink, closet, and built-in storage under large window
- Hallway bathroom has claw-foot tub with “rain” shower overhead, sink with plenty of storage underneath
- Toilet is separate room with its own sink, mirror and electrical outlets
- Large double salon living/dining room, beautifully decorated with marble mantle, large windows, bookcases, large dining table seats eight, ultra-suede sofa converts to queen-sized bed
- Custom etched glass paneled doors close off the living room from the kitchen
- TV and DVD player are hidden behind swinging door above the fireplace
- Separate laundry closet with separate washer and dryer
- American style kitchen with refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, La Canche gas stove with 4 burners and full sized oven, loads of storage
- Kitchen includes microwave, drip coffeemaker, espresso machine, electric kettle, toaster, all kitchen utensils, dishes, glassware
- Radio alarm clock
- Hairdryer, iron, ironing board
- Two flat screen TVs, living room and master bedroom
- Telephone with answering machine
- Free long distance calling to land lines in 100 countries, and land line and cell phones in the US and Canada
- Free WiFi Internet
- Bedrooms are fully air-conditioned
- Bedding and towels are provided
- Electricity, heat, telephone and Internet included
- No pets allowed
The apartment is light, comfortable and nicely decorated. It was a pleasure to come home to each night and to wake up to each morning. Also, it's right around the corner from the #8 Métro line, which we found to be very convenient. We would definitely come back!
Lynne H., Los Angeles, CA
Our family of four had a terrific time during our August 2012 in Paris. This luxury apartment was perfect in so many ways and exceeded our expectations. I won't describe it in detail because it is accurately detailed on the web site, but it really is beautifully and thoughtfully decorated throughout with high-quality finishes. It is fresh and chic and quite spacious for a Paris apartment. The Métro stop is just steps away in a great part of town. The apartment itself is off the street down a lovely, private corridor overlooking a quiet courtyard. We especially liked having air conditioning (in August), as well as an elevator. The kitchen is well equipped for those (like me) who love to cook--a real chef's kitchen (with a La Canche stove!!) and is adjacent to the living room/dining room so we could all hang out together (but elegant etched glass panels can be pulled out to separate the kitchen while dining, if desired). Grocery store is close by so we didn't have to eat every meal out. I especially liked the fact that a few staple, but non-perishable, items (olive oil, sugar, some seasonings, etc.) were available to use. Our two college-age kids liked the option of separating the trundle into 2 separate beds in the 2nd bedroom, and there was plenty of storage for luggage and clothing. All of the beds were very comfortable and cozy with lovely bedding. The washer & dryer came in very handy, as did the two separate showers. This is the first time we have rented an apartment in Paris and thought it would be a good option for us (vs renting two hotel rooms or trying to find a quad with a/c). Dealing with Parler Paris Apartments was easy, straightforward and professional; good communications via computer every step of the way, and we were met at the apartment exactly as promised. They were very helpful in offering handy information and tips--from transportation options to/from the airport to local restaurants. I cannot wait to return to Paris and would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this apartment. Because of the high-end furnishings, in my opinion it's not suitable for very young children, but perfect for others. Beats staying in a hotel hands down, and this apartment rates an A+.
Julie H., Santa Ana, CA
Everything about the apartment was wonderful. It was spacious and comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay there. The folder with instructions and manuals was very helpful. The apartment overview was very helpful. We loved the convenience of the Métro just steps from the door. It was an enjoyable location as it felt more like a residential neighborhood.
Darlene K., Largo, FL
Loved, loved, loved our stay! The apartment was comfortable, spacious and quiet, and we appreciated the free call-anywhere phone and Wi-Fi. But really, the best thing about the apartment is the location. Far enough away from the traditional tourist areas to let you pretend you actually were living in Paris for your stay. Not to mention the cafe at the corner...
Valerie P., Toronto, ON
The apartment definitely exceeded our expectations. It was as beautiful as the pictures on the website (this is not usually the case!), and the décor really made us feel like we were living in a luxurious Paris apartment for a week. Everyone we dealt with, either via email or in person, was friendly and professional. The location could not be better – literally steps to the Métro, and just a few minute’s walk from many cafes and restaurants.
Margie W., Carrolltown, TX
The apartment could not have been more perfect…we would return in a heartbeat. Really, there wasn’t anything that we would change. Also, Grace used to be a chef so on Saturday we shopped at the market – Les Marche des Enfants Rouge – Rue de Bretagne – and she made a wonderful meal.
Sara A., Salem, MA
|Price (everything included)|
225€ to 325€
1,420€ to 2,050€
3,550 to 6,150€
- Security deposit = U.S. dollar equivalent of €1,000 by personal check or credit card authorization.
- Prices vary according to season and availability. High seasons may be calculated at the daily rate.
- Minimum rental of 4 night (or 3 nights when booked within 30 days prior to arrival date).
- All linens are supplied, as well as weekly housekeeping for stays of 10 nights or more, electricity, heat, telephone and Internet.
- Contract is required.
- Rental payment can be made by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover) in U.S. Dollars. To check today's exchange rate, visit Moneycorp Currency Convertor
- Rental Policies
For additional services to enhance your stay in Paris, please see Parler Paris Plus.
View La Fille du Calvaire in a larger map