Rue Chapon, 3rd Arrondissement, Le Marais, One-Bedroom, Sleeps up to 3
When you enter the “petite porte d’entrée,” you will immediately feel the charm, but elegance of a well-designed and fully equipped “aerie.” There is a double sofa bed flanked by two custom-built storage closets with shelving, hanging space and drawers. In-cabinet lighting highlights a collection of Asian inspired porcelain pottery with blue motifs. Blues and grays are the color scheme throughout the apartment providing a calm and relaxing ambiance.
Opposite the sofa bed is an entertainment center with a flat screen TV and DVD player within easy reach. Past the living room area is the eat-in kitchen with fold down dining table for two, which gives way to a very efficient kitchen. Complete with microwave, fridge with freezer, two-burner stove and all the appliances that you would expect, the kitchen will allow you to dine in when the feeling strikes you. All cookware, dishes, glassware and cutlery are provided.
Next to the kitchen is a powder room with sink and toilet. This room will come in handy at night for those sleeping on the sofa bed. This is the second toilet in the apartment, which is extremely unusual for an apartment of this size and was created purposely to accommodate guests in the living room.
Another “petite porte” leads to a windowed hallway that connects the bedroom and living room. The bedroom is romantically cozy with a queen-size bed that can be made as twins and a large window that overlooks the “petite courette.” Here there is another custom-built closet with drawers, shelving and hanging space. The bath is en suite and has a large bathtub with shower, toilet, sink and combination washer/dryer. (It should be noted that the ceiling over the tub area is low, but adequate for bathers under 6 feet tall.)
Whether you’re traveling with friends or kids, the hallway that connects the living room to the bedroom provides privacy between guests, too. A rarity in one-bedroom apartments in Paris. Kids can be tucked away in the bedroom while the parents enjoy a glass of wine on the couch. Or if you’re traveling with friends, early-risers can stay on the sofa bed and late-sleepers can take the bed(s).
Priced like a studio even though it’s a small one bedroom, this apartment is in a great location with easy Métro access -- just three blocks (six-minute walk) to the Pompidou Center and a 10-minute walk to the Hôtel de Ville and the restaurant-and-shop-lined of rue Vieille du Temple. Just a 15-minute walk across the bridge takes you to the Notre Dame Cathedral.
Included with the apartment is cable television, with over 100 channels, WiFi and free telephone with answering machine. Long-distance calls to land lines in over 100 countries are free. This extends to calls to cell phones in the US and Canada.
Special note: this apartment has two slightly lower than standard-height doorways.
Métro: Arts et Métiers (#3, #11), Réaumur Sebastopol (#3, #4)
Buses: 20, 29, 38, 75
Amenities Specific to La Petite Porcelaine:
- Digicode, intercom entry system
- 2nd floor, European (3rd floor American), no elevator
- Entryway features floor-to-ceiling cupboards
- Apartment is in the shape of an “H” with bright windows facing each other along the top center of the H. This brings a lot of natural light into the apartment but also provides privacy. - Windows overlook a small, private courtyard
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Bedroom is separated from the living room and kitchen by a hallway and door
- Bedroom includes queen-size bed that can be made as twins, closet with drawers, radio alarm clock, and full bath with tub/shower, sink, toilet and washer/dryer combo unit.
- Living room area includes flat screen T.V. with cable channels, including BBC World, Bloomberg, CNN International and France 24 English
- Sofa easily converts to a comfortable double bed
- Fold away dining table for 2 people
- Refrigerator with freezer
- Two-burner electric stovetop
- Microwave oven
- A complete array of kitchenware (all cooking utensils, dinner and tableware, serving pieces)
- Electric coffee maker
- Electric tea kettle
- powder room with toilet and sink
- Plenty of bed linens, hand, bath and kitchen towels
- Hair dryer, iron, and ironing board
- Radio alarm clock
- DVD player
- 4 MP3 players loaded with French lessons that include how to meet and greet people in the street, how to order food, decipher a menu and more
- Private telephone line with answering machine
- Free long distance telephone service to 100 countries, including US and Canada
- Free WiFi internet access
- Books and guidebooks in English
- Manual with instructions for equipment provided
- Electricity, heat
- Telephone and internet included
- No pets allowed
The apartment was great! It is not large but, for two people, was certainly more than adaquate. The apartment and everything in it was very clean and neat. We enjoyed having a place to call home while we were in Paris. It was nice, and also economical, to be able to eat many meals there. This also got us to shop at the local markets and small shops for food which was fun. The apartment location was really super. It was walking distance from many places we visited. Plus it was nice to just walk around the neighborhood which we soon thought of as "our" neighborhood. Everything about our interaction with the Parler Paris organization was excellent.
Mary and Bob B., Troy, NY
Our stay was very enjoyable. You did mention that the apartment was indeed petite and it certainly was. But this was well expected. Thank you for hanging padding over the entry-ways. It did save a few bruised heads. We especially like the fact that the apartment was supplied with the basics for living, i.e., dishwashing liquid, detergent and fabric softener for the washing machine, and basic kitchen supplies such as olive oil, salt, pepper etc. Our Concierge reviewed everything in the apartment thoroughly and was able to communicate with us in English, which was very helpful. She was very friendly and made us feel at home. The bedding (thank you for having made up the sofa bed) and towels were of good quality and you also supplied wash cloths, something of a rarity in France. The location was excellent, the description on the Internet accurate and I would not hesitate to recommend your site to friends looking for accommodation. Thank you!
Carol R., Whitehorse, Yukon
My wife and daughter spent a delightful week in Paris in November and even the weather was kind. But our holiday was made that more special because of our accommodation at La Petite Porcelaine. It gave us room, privacy and felt truly luxurious and it is sublimely decorated. We could breakfast as at home, make a picnic, store things in the fridge and cook lovely dinners so as not to have to eat out all the time. A perfect set up for us. There was plenty of information at the flat and the WiFi made researching each day easy. The booking process and the all inclusive cost was seamless. I would stay again and indeed we will stay there next time we are in Paris.
Tim C., Gloucester, UK
We stayed at La Petite Porcelaine for nine nights. It was our first time to Paris and we found the apartment to be perfect for our needs. It was impeccably clean and was very comfortable for two people. The surrounding neighborhood is lively, even late at night and we felt safe walking home when it was dark out. The street is somewhat quiet, with several art galleries and clothing/handbag importers. We were able to walk to Notre Dame within 10 minutes and there is a Métro stop only a few blocks away in either direction. We also found a fantastic Chinese restaurant only two streets away on Rue Volta on one of the nights where we did not feel like venturing far for dinner. It was one of our favorite (and cheapest) meals during our stay. It was wonderful to come back to La Petite Porcelaine after a day of touring and soak our feet in the spacious bathtub. The shower also had wonderful water pressure and quick hot water, which is something that is always important to me. The ability to do a load of wash during our stay was also a very big plus. The apartment gave us the privacy we needed as well, as one of us would go to sleep in the bedroom and the other would work on our laptop a bit later into the night/early in the morning. It was a bonus to have the additional small bathroom for getting ready in the morning, etc. Our point of contact for the apartment was very responsive and kind, when we had a few questions during our stay. Note: As the apartment description indicates, the doorways are short, even for two 5'3 people! It took a few bunks on the head for us to learn our lesson. All in all, this apartment is a great value and far exceeded our expectations. When we come back to Paris, we will want to stay here again!
This was a beautifully designed and efficient apartment. I loved how quiet it was at night. Also, the bed was so comfortable -- I slept very well every night there. The apartment location was perfect as far as getting to local cafés, the Métro, museums, and other attractions. And, there were umbrellas at the apartment to use on a rainy day which was perfect! Everything we needed was provided at the apartment.
Ron B., Jersey City, NJ
|Price (exclusive of taxes and fees)|
102€ to 194€
644€ to 1,219€
1,839€ to 3,484€
- Security deposit = U.S. dollar equivalent of €1,000 by personal check or credit card authorization.
- Prices vary according to season and availability. High seasons may be calculated at the daily rate.
- Minimum rental of 4 night (or 3 nights when booked within 30 days prior to arrival date).
- All linens are supplied, as well as weekly housekeeping for stays of 10 nights or more, electricity, heat, telephone and Internet.
- Contract is required.
- Rental payment can be made by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover) in U.S. Dollars. To check today's exchange rate, visit Moneycorp Currency Convertor
- Rental Policies
For additional services to enhance your stay in Paris, please see Parler Paris Plus.