2-bedroom, 2-bathroom Apartment in the heart of the historic Haut Marais
Luxuriate yourself in Le Balcon Royal du Marais -- a newly renovated luxury apartment designed by the talented Interior Architect Martine de Mattéo. The spacious apartment is well-located in the heart of the historic Haut Marais district in a classic Hausmannian-style building dating from the 1890s. This arrondissement, the 3rd, is one of the most desirable and chicest neighborhoods in Paris where fashion designers, art galleries, boutiques restaurants flourish.
Located on the fifth floor of an elegant, elevator building with a full balcony that stretches the length of the living room, dining room, the apartment has two bedrooms and two full bathrooms plus a large open kitchen. The entry foyer with large window overlooks a quiet interior courtyard, and when open, provides a gentle cross breeze throughout the airy and sunny apartment.
The apartment’s décor is inspired by a blend of contemporary and classic French design, pairing beautifully handcrafted details and antique chandeliers and fixtures with modern bathrooms and chef’s kitchen. Three-sided exposure and twelve windows fill the apartment with light and life as do the beautiful French style moldings and fireplaces. The bedrooms, dining room and living room also feature original refinished beautiful hardwood flooring, while the foyer and kitchen boast of custom Italian stone tiles.
Just to the right of the foyer as you enter the apartment is the bright, modern, open and spacious chef’s kitchen. To inspire your culinary imagination, the kitchen comes with a five-burner stovetop, double-width oven, full-sized refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, Nespresso coffee maker, and of course, the dishes, pots and pans, cutlery and glassware. Hidden within a sleek floor-to-ceiling cabinet is the laundry closet with state-of-the-art separate full-sized stacked washer and dryer. The kitchen is open-plan and inviting with a working island and bar stools in the center for informal social gatherings or an intimate Parisian breakfast. Next is the main bathroom with shower, toilet, sink and heated towel rack. The floors are warmed to surprise and delight you. You will find high-quality towels, hair dryer and a custom ordered German make-up mirror for your personal needs.
The focal point of the apartment is its “double séjour” extra-large living room and dining room combination. Double glass-paned French doors open up into the magnificent dining room with comfortable seating for six to eight people, a modern custom chandelier from Spain, an original fireplace and marble mantel, and a glass-shelved bookcase. Beyond the dining room is a large living room with a second marble fireplace and a comfortable L-shaped sofa with plenty of seating for a party or a relaxing family night. Here you will find an in-house library, a television and classic board games.
Further down the central foyer on the left are both the master and guest bedrooms, each of which is large and spacious. The master bedroom has a queen-sized bed with a high-quality mattress for the best sleep possible. The room also features two large, elegantly stenciled armoires for abundant storage, a comfortable sitting chair, a vintage dresser with an antique mirror, and two night tables with matching lamps.
The guest bedroom also has a queen-sized bed with a high-quality mattress, but it converts to twins when your guests prefer sleeping apart. You will find a sitting area and large wardrobe faced with floor-to-ceiling mirrors. This bedroom features a full en-suite bathroom with a contemporary rain shower head, toilet, large sink and luxuriously heated tile floors, encased in frosted glass walls for privacy. Peaceful nights are assured with opulent custom draperies installed in both bedrooms to close you off from the world.
Most people agree that the most unique feature of this apartment are the floor to ceiling windows that open to your personal balcony overlooking the Marais rooftops. A café table and chairs invite you to enjoy a private cup of coffee or a glass of wine and watch the Paris street scene below.
With Rue de Bretagne steps away, the apartment embraces the heart of Le Marais, the oldest neighborhood in Paris. You will find numerous shops including boulangeries (bakeries), boucheries (butchers), épiceries (grocery stores), primeurs (fruit/vegetable shops), fleuristes (flower shops), cave-à-vins (wine shops), cafés (the popular Café Charlot), and many excellent and charming restaurants (the popular Chez Omar is just a few blocks away). Among this formidable list is the oldest covered market in Paris, Les Enfants Rouges, which dates back to 1615! And don’t forget the numerous ateliers and stunning designer boutiques for which Le Marais is known.
In the last few years, designer boutiques, pop-ups and art galleries have found their home in this part of Le Marais. The district has become more and more important to Paris' finest artisans. It is only minutes from Le Musée Picasso, Place des Vosges and Place de la République -- where so much in Paris takes place. The location is quintessential Le Marais and with the Métro and numerous bus lines only steps away, you are minutes away from all of Paris, by transportation or even on foot being so centrally located.
Included in your rental is cable television, with access to over 150 channels (many in English). WiFi is provided, as is free long-distance telephone to almost 100 countries. Of course, bedding and towels are provided for your use as well as many other amenities.
With all this typical Parisian activity, you can relax at Le Balcon Royal du Marais and enjoy a moment of quiet, charming French life. This is your slice of Parisian life…Transportation
Bus: Lines 20, 29, 65, 96
• 5th floor with elevator, 94 square meters (1011 sq. ft.), large living area, dining room, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and chef’s kitchen
• Quiet 5-story building, only eight living units in total
• Bright apartment with a large balcony which spans the living, dining and both bedrooms with cafértable and chairs
• Secure digicode on the street and intercom in the lobby
• Two marble fireplaces and mantles with elegant patina French mirrors
• Large entry-way with Italian tile and a coat and utility closet
• Dining area with nine-foot long dining table that can accommodate eight
• Master bedroom: queen-size bed, large chest of drawers, two armoires, sitting chair, two night stands with lamps
• Guest bedroom: twin beds that can be combined to a queen-size bed, sitting chair, large three-paneled wardrobe, and en-suite bathroom with shower, toilet and large sink
• Independent bathroom with shower, sink and toilet, heated towel rack
• Completely equipped modern chef’s kitchen
• Five-burner gas stove and double oven
• Refrigerator with freezer—full-sized
• Nespresso coffee maker
• Tea kettle and large tea pot
• A fully stocked kitchen with cooking utensils, cutting boards, tableware, wine glasses, drinking glasses, pots/pans and serving dishes
• Laundry closet with stacked full-sized washer and dryer
• Iron and ironing board
• Hairdryers in each bathroom
• In-house library with an assortment of English books, including guidebooks of Paris and France
• Large flat-screen television
• No pets allowed
|Price (exclusive of taxes and fees)|
335€ to 475€
2,111€ to 2,993€
6,533€ to 9,263€
- Security deposit = U.S. dollar equivalent of €800 by credit card authorization.
- Prices vary according to season and availability
- Minimum rental of 4 night (or 3 nights when booked within 30 days prior to arrival date).
- All linens are supplied, as well as weekly housekeeping for stays of 10 nights or more, electricity, heat, telephone and Internet.
- Contract is required.
- Rental payment can be made by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover) in U.S. Dollars. To check today's exchange rate, visit Moneycorp Currency Convertor
- Rental Policies