Rue Volta, 3rd Arrondissement, Le Marais, One-Bedroom, Sleeps up to 4
As seen on House Hunters International! – “Searching for Style and Space in Paris”
A sense of “bien-être,” or “well-being” is what you will find at Le Bien Illuminé. From the natural light streaming in the windows, to the sleek efficient design, to the long list of amenities, all has been conceived to make you feel completely at home and comfortable.
This one-bedroom gem, designed and decorated by Interior Architect Martine di Mattéo, is located on the third floor of a typical Marais building in a centrally located area with all desired services, transportation and commerce.
The entrance foyer of the apartment gives access to the bedroom, directly ahead, the bathroom to the right and to the entrance to the living room and kitchen on the left.
The bedroom is situated on a small interior courtyard with a large window, double bed, spacious double-door closet and a unique corner seat. The night table is home to a radio alarm clock where you can dock and charge two iPhones or iPods. In addition to the bedside lamp, there are elegant crystal light fixtures mounted on either side of the bed that match another, overhead fixture. Indeed, this style of éclairage continues elsewhere in the apartment.
The living room, dining room and kitchen combination form the heart of the apartment. The two large southwest facing windows look onto the quiet Marais street and keep the apartment bathed in light. The modern, clean décor is occasionally interrupted by vintage touches, as in the case of the mirrored iron coffee table. Reflected in this mirror, depending on your vantage point, is a breathtaking original painting by Paris artist, Pascal Amblard, of a beautiful and mysterious woman. You could spend hours contemplating what she might be thinking.
The painting sits above a cream-colored leather sofa with black piping, brought to life by the red and black accent pillows. The sofa opens to become a high-quality queen-size bed. Opposite, is a flat screen television and entertainment center, with a Blu-ray DVD player, CD player, iPod/iPhone dock and radio.
The dining and kitchen area is comprised of a raised bar-type dining table with comfortable seating for four people. The table is home to a combination espresso and drip coffee maker with milk steamer.
The efficient and handy kitchen is equipped with a modern two-burner stove, microwave oven and built in refrigerator/freezer. All of the dishes, cookware, utensils and serving pieces are provided for your use.
Included with the apartment is cable television with over 100 channels, WiFi and free telephone with answering machine. Long-distance calls to land lines in over 100 countries are free. This extends to calls to cell phones in the US and Canada.The Right Bank
TransportationMétro: République (#3, #5, #8, #9, #11), Arts et Metiers (#3, #), Arts et Metiers (#3, #11), Temple (#3)Bus Line #'s: 20, 65, 75
Amenities Specific to Le Bien Illuminé:
- Digicode, intercom entry system
- 3rd floor, European (4th floor American)
- Bright, southwest facing windows overlooking a very quiet street that dates to 1800’s.
- The district has some of the oldest houses in Paris that date back to the 1300’s
- High-end leather sofa that easily converts to a comfortable queen-size bed
- TV with Internet access and web-browsing capabilities (viewable when dining or relaxing due to the 180-degree wall mounting arm)
- Entertainment Center/Home Theater incorporating a Blu-ray DVD player (European Zone), CD Player, iPod/iPhone dock (recharging), radio, DNLA integration (phone, music streaming from PC or iPad), and external sources (MP3, laptops, etc)
- Selection of DVD’s with movies in English and French (subtitles in French and English), many with Parisian themes
- Selection of easy listening music; including French, English, Italian, and USA artists
- Cordless telephone/answering system/speaker phone (with Bluetooth integration to your mobile phone)
- Island/bar with comfortable seating area for up to four adults
- Combination espresso/drip coffee/steamer (for cappuccinos, lattes, etc)
- Toaster, electric kettle, water filter
- Built-in fridge/freezer, 2-ring electric stovetop/hob, microwave oven
- Complete array of kitchenware (all cooking utensils, dinner and tableware, serving pieces)
- Double bed
- Seating area
- Spacious built-in wardrobes
- iHome radio alarm clock that docks and charges two iPhones and/or iPods
- Cordless telephone handset
- Large “rain” shower with hand-held shower wand
- Large backlit mirror (with sensor on/off)
- Hair dryer(s)
- Combination “silent running” washer/dryer
- Steam iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Cable TV with International channels and music stations
- High-speed Internet access with direct cable connection and secured WiFi
- Telephone line with free calling to 120+ countries (including North America, Europe, Australia/New Zealand, and more...)
- Apple iPad/iPhone charger
- wireless printer that allows printing from a mobile device
- Plenty of bed linens, hand towels, bath “sheets” and kitchen towels
- Manual with recommendations for local restaurants and instructions for equipment provided
- Paris guidebooks
- a selection of DVDs
- Fire extinguisher
- Smoke detector
- Electricity, heating, telephone, and internet included
- No-smoking allowed, and no pets
My family of four (two kids ages 10 and 8) spent five wonderful days at this apartment. The two best things about this place are that it is fully renovated, and one of the best locations. It felt like a brand new place and spotless! The kids slept in a very comfortable queen sofa bed in the living area, and we still had plenty of room in the kitchen/dining area. The kitchen is a good size if you are planning to prepare breakfast and simple meals, with all the utensils needed. The bathroom is beautiful, with a rain shower, and great layout - VERY spacious. The bedroom has a comfortable bed and excellent storage space. The location is one of the best - lots of restaurants open until late. But it's also a side street, with no noise—even with the windows open during the summer. The building is very quiet and it seems like there were a lot of locals, which gave the place a lot of charm. It felt like we were living as Parisians during our time.
We had a great time in Paris staying at Le Bien Illuminé. We had a very warm welcome at the apartment by the concierge who provided us with all the necessary information. The apartment is located on a very quiet street and off the beaten path, yet so close to everything. We could walk to the Seine in about 20 minutes. We rarely took the Métro. Restaurants and stores are all very close by as are two Métro stations. The apartment is well designed and completely new. It has all of the amenities one wants. We had a very comfortable stay and would recommend this apartment to everyone.
Anthony & Chantal W., Winnipeg, Canada
I thought you handled everything from the start to finish in an extremely professional manner. In fact, this was the best experience in terms of the front end that I have had with any Paris apartment rental. Well done! I really Liked my aparment as well. It is small but almost everything you need is there. The bed was extremely comforatable. I will definitely return.
John R., Knoxville, TN
Great apartment in the Marais. Clean, spacious,new and very convenient to walk everywhere. We enjoyed staying in Le Bien Illumine very much.
Joel E., Toronto, ON
The apartment was clean, bright, and very comfortable for us. It is in a wonderful, quiet, central Paris location, and was perfect for us to use as a base for daytime sightseeing trips. Highly recommended.
James K., Mountainview, CA
The apartment was clean, bright, and very comfortable for us. It is in a wonderful, quiet, central Paris location, and was perfect for us to use as a base for daytime sightseeing trips. Highly recommended.My family and I enjoyed our four night stay at Le Bien Illuminé. When we arrived at the apartment we were warmly greeted and were showed how everything in it worked. In case you forgot how something worked, there was a step by step instruction binder which was very handy. The apartment was clean, modern, tastefully decorated and very comfortable. The bed sheets, bed covers, pillows and bath towels were exceptional! After being out in the city and walking all day, it was wonderful to be able to rest in a comfy bed, after a nice hot shower, as the mattresses were very comfortable. Even the mattress in the pull out bed! We all loved having the grocery store just a few steps away from the apartment! Especially since the apartment provides everything you might need to cook a simple meal, and even plastic containers in case you want to pack a quick pick nick! We enjoyed being able to make our own drip coffee (aka American coffee), espresso, cappuccino, or tea. It was great to have all those choices! The washer/dryer unit was a must have for my family and were very pleased with it. The large shower head (and great water pressure) allowed for some very relaxing showers. My girls loved the cool touch on-off function in the bathroom mirror. I liked having a normal sized hair dryer, vs a travel sized one :D . and an iron and ironing board. My husband liked the new TV, and iPod docking stations. Another great point was having two Métro stations within a few minutes from the apartment. There are also some restaurants nearby, so if you are too tired to cook you can eat somewhere near the apartment!
|Price (exclusive of taxes and fees)|
128€ to 218€
804€ to 1,372€
2,298€ to 3,919€
- Security deposit = U.S. dollar equivalent of €1,000 by personal check or credit card authorization.
- Prices vary according to season and availability. High seasons may be calculated at the daily rate.
- Minimum rental of 4 night (or 3 nights when booked within 30 days prior to arrival date).
- All linens are supplied, as well as weekly housekeeping for stays of 10 nights or more, electricity, heat, telephone and Internet.
- Contract is required.
- Rental payment can be made by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover) in U.S. Dollars. To check today's exchange rate, visit Moneycorp Currency Convertor
- Rental Policies
For additional services to enhance your stay in Paris, please see Parler Paris Plus.