1-bedroom Apartment on a Historic Cobblestone Pedestrian Street on the Left Bank
You’ll surely be writing home with delight about this hidden gem on a hill tucked away from the heavily trafficked streets of Paris. “Le Diamant Bleu” is your chance to experience a quaint, village-like neighborhood surprisingly located just minutes from the Latin Quarter and the Sorbonne. It’s a recently renovated apartment, designed by well-known Interior Architect, Martine di Mattéo, with a mid-century modern feel and a fanciful French touch. The blue tones will relax you, just as the surrounding village environment will.
The second floor, 30 square meter apartment looks out on one side to a quiet cobblestone street, and on the other side to a small courtyard. It offers a living room, a bedroom separated by a sliding atelier-style iron and glass door, and a fully-equipped and professionally-designed modern kitchen. The living room features beautiful hardwood floors, while in the kitchen you’ll find black and white whimsical tiling, as does the bathroom. It is luxuriously equipped with a large shower with both hand-held and rain showerheads.The Location
Have you ever wondered if local Parisians are as fond as the same neighborhoods as tourists? If you read a guidebook on Paris, do you wonder where it might take you?
“La Butte-aux-Cailles” is unknown to most visitors, but is one of the city’s most charming areas. Literally translated, this means “Quail’s Hill” although the name originates from its former landowner, Pierre Caille, who bought a vineyard here in 1543. There are several “hills” in Paris, such as Montmartre, Montparnasse, Buttes-Chaumont and Belleville, and this one is nestled between the Latin Quarter (5th arrondissement) and Chinatown (13th arrondissement). It offers the curious urban explorer many quiet cobblestone streets, some lined with small townhouses and gardens.
The apartment is steps from Place d’Italie, a transportation hub connecting you in 15 minutes either to the Louvre, the Marais, Montparnasse, Saint-Germain-des-Prés and Notre Dame. Métro line 6 is also direct to the Eiffel tower. From Place d’Italie, you can also get to the same places and all over the city on city bus lines.
The Left Bank
The Left Bank, or "La Rive Gauche"...is the chic of the chic. Situated on the edge of the city's most elegant district, the 7th arrondissement, which boasts of the Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides, it's just minutes from Saint-Germain-des-Prés...read moreTransportation
Bus lines: 27, 47, 57, 64, 67, and 83
• Digicode, intercom entry system
• 2nd floor, European (3rd floor American)
• Parquet wood floors throughout
• Queen-size bed
• Large clothing closet with extra shelves
• Shower, sink and toilet
• Flat screen T.V. with over 100 channels
• Dining table for 4 people
• Refrigerator with freezer
• Three-burner electric stovetop
• A complete array of kitchenware (all cooking utensils, dinner and tableware, serving pieces)
• Stovetop espresso maker and French Press coffee maker
• Stovetop tea kettle
• Plenty of bed linens, hand, bath and kitchen towels
• Hair dryer, iron, and ironing board
• Private telephone line
• Free long distance telephone service to 100 countries, including US and Canada
• Free WiFi Internet access
• Books and guidebooks in English
• Electricity, heat
• Manual with instructions for equipment provided
• No pets allowed
|Price (exclusive of taxes and fees)|
97€ to 147€
611€ to 930€
2,542€ to 2,882€
- Security deposit = U.S. dollar equivalent of €800 by credit card authorization.
- Prices vary according to season and availability
- Minimum rental of 4 night (or 3 nights when booked within 30 days prior to arrival date).
- All linens are supplied, as well as weekly housekeeping for stays of 10 nights or more, electricity, heat, telephone and Internet.
- Contract is required.
- Rental payment can be made by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover) in U.S. Dollars. To check today's exchange rate, visit Moneycorp Currency Convertor
- Rental Policies