Rue Pierre Chausson, 10th Arrondissement, République, Three-Bedroom, Sleeps up to 6
Le Magenta is a spacious three-bedroom apartment newly renovated and decorated by our own Martine di Mattéo, perfect for those who need to get a little work done or who just like the feel of a little elbow-room while vacationing in space-starved Paris. A short Métro ride from both Gare du Nord and Gare de l’Est, the apartment is located on the third floor of a good building on a quiet street.
There are three distinct workspaces in the apartment, including one with a desktop computer and combination printer/copier/fax.
The entrance foyer is ample and has places to hang your coat, drop your umbrella and leave your keys.
Off the foyer, to the right, is a luxurious master bedroom, which boasts a queen-size bed that can be made up as twins. A beautiful armoire provides ample hanging and luggage space and an antique secrétaire has drawer space. At the foot of the bed is an ornamental fireplace with marble mantle and large mirror. The room’s flat-screen TV sits on the secretary for easy viewing from the bed.
The second bedroom can also be accessed through two doors -- from the foyer, and from the living room (an unusual feature). The queen-size bed can also be separated, but with the twin beds remaining relatively close together, between the built in cabinetry that surrounds the beds, where you can tuck your belongings away. This room also has an ornamental fireplace and mirror at the foot of the bed and beside the window, a desk and chair.
One of the apartment’s two showers sits just inside the apartment door, to the left. It has a bamboo floor and vanity and elegant fixtures installed as part of the apartment’s recent renovation.
Moving left from the foyer one enters the grand living room that will likely be your main meeting place during your stay. Its attention-grabbing L-shaped magenta canapé, or sofa, is an excellent place to catch your breath, appreciate the lovely painting on the opposite wall or chat with your flat-mates in the comfy chairs just opposite. Two well-dressed windows allow natural light to illuminate the space, which also includes a small desk that is part of a large, well-stocked bookshelf.
Passing through the living room and turning right takes you to the third bedroom. This room serves multiple purposes, acting as a bedroom with high-end queen-size sofa-bed, dining room with seating for six, office with large desk, computer, printer/copier/fax, bookshelf, and TV room. The folding wood and frosted glass doors can be closed to give you maximum privacy.
Turning left when leaving the living room brings you to a very unique feature of Le Magenta. The shower closet is an enclosed space the size of a powder room, which is tiled on all surfaces except the ceiling. On the end wall are gold shower fixtures with both hand-held and rainfall shower heads. A matching sink and mirror are also there for your convenience.
Continuing past the shower closet, one enters the efficient, fully equipped kitchen. From a large refrigerator/freezer, to an induction stove, to a full oven, to a dishwasher, to a washing machine, this kitchen has it all. Also included are a microwave, water purifier, electric tea kettle, tea pot, a complete array of kitchenware including all cooking utensils, dinner and tableware and serving pieces.
Finally, just past the kitchen is the powder room, housing the apartment’s toilet, a sink and two mirrors.
Included in your rental is cable television, with access to over 150 channels (several in English) on both TVs as well as a selection of popular DVDs for your viewing enjoyment. WiFi is also provided, as is free telephone with answering machine. Long distance calls to land lines in 100 countries is complimentary. This extends to calls to cell phones in the US and Canada.The Area Around Le Magenta
The Right Bank, or "La Rive Droite"...actually on the north side of the river (all confusing, but true), is more traditionally the wealthier part of Paris -- that is when the Left Bank was inhabited by struggling artistic types...read more
Métro:Jacques Bonsergeant (#5), République (#3, #5, #8, #9, #11)
Bus Line #'s: 56, 65, 75
Amenities Specific to Le Magenta:
• Intercom entry system
• 3rd floor European (4th floor American)
• Bright, south-facing windows overlooking a small, quiet street that dates to 1842
• North-facing windows overlooking a quiet courtyard with plants and flowers
• Spacious master bedroom with queen-sized bed that converts to twins, flat-screen TV and plenty of storage space in armoire, bedside tables, secrétaire
• Bright bedroom with queen-sized bed that converts to twins in a spacious niche with two closets and storage space; writing desk
• Bedroom/spacious dining room/TV room/office: dining for six; sofa that easily converts into a comfortable double bed; closet; office space containing personal computer with large monitor, printer/scanner/fax/photocopier, mouse and mouse pad, large flat screen, drawers, shelves and bookcase
• Spacious living/reading room with velvet sofa, large bookcase containing books and guidebooks in English, literature in French, writing desk with drawer and shelves
• Two bathrooms, one with large shower head, bamboo floor and bamboo bathroom furniture; the other completely tiled with antique shower, mirror, shelves and faucets
• Powder room housing the apartment’s toilet (1)
• Kitchen equipped with large refrigerator, freezer, four-burner electric stovetop and oven, microwave, double sink, washing machine, dishwasher, water purifier, electric tea kettle, tea pot, a complete array of kitchenware including all cooking utensils, dinner and tableware, serving pieces
• Flat screen color TV with 240 cable channels and 34 HD channels, including BBC World, BBC Prime, CNN International and Aljazeera International
• Free long distance telephone service to 100 countries, including landlines and cell phones in the US, Canada, France and French overseas territories
• Free WiFi Internet access
• Writing desk in every room
• Plenty of bed linens, hand, bath and kitchen towels
• Laundry basket
• Drying rack (drycleaners within short walking distance)
• Iron and ironing board
• Cleaning products and utensils (paper towels, sponges, bucket, broom and dustpan, glass and furniture cleaners)
• Alarm clocks, including radio
• DVD player, assortment of CDs
• Office supplies (pencils, pencil sharpener, paper, stapler, scissors)
• Electricity, heating and water included
• No pets allowed
- Security deposit = U.S. dollar equivalent of €1,000 by personal check or credit card authorization.
- Prices vary according to season and availability. High seasons may be calculated at the daily rate.
- Minimum rental of 4 night (or 3 nights when booked within 30 days prior to arrival date).
- All linens are supplied, as well as weekly housekeeping for stays of 10 nights or more, electricity, heat, telephone and Internet.
- Contract is required.
- Rental payment can be made by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover) in U.S. Dollars. To check today's exchange rate, visit Moneycorp Currency Convertor
- Rental Policies
For additional services to enhance your stay in Paris, please see Parler Paris Plus.