Le Petit Saint-Germain is a newly renovated apartment by the illustrious Interior Architect Martine di Mattéo located in a classic building on one of the most desirable streets in this much sought-after part of Paris. From the cobblestoned courtyard of the building, one mounts a single flight of stairs to reach this model of efficient design and planning – it may be small but it’s bright, spacious and you will find all that you need to make your stay in Paris comfortable and relaxing.
The apartment’s décor is inspired by famous Parisian cafés of the neighborhood -- like Les Deux Magots, Café Flore and Brasserie Lipp -- all located just a stone’s throw away. The walls of the apartment are adorned with many photos, new and old, depicting café life. The authentic bistro table and chairs reinforce the theme and the fun color scheme adds to the ambience.
Peaceful nights of worry-free sleep will be provided by the top-of-the line extremely comfortable queen-size "canapé lit" (sleeper-sofa) that will surprise you (!), looks great and and unfolds out easily in one motion! It’s just as easy to close it during the day to maximize space...should you choose. The open kitchen is well equipped, with fridge and freezer, microwave oven, Nespresso machine, two-burner stove and much more.
The bright new bathroom has a shower, sink, vanity and suspended toilet.
Unpacking your suitcase won’t be a problem. There are two closets on either side of the large window and several cupboards on the opposite wall. The apartment’s combination washer/dryer is hidden away in one of the closets. A fold-down table provides workspace when wanted.
Included with the apartment is cable television, with over 100 channels, WiFi and free telephone with answering machine. Long-distance calls to land lines in over 100 countries are free. This extends to calls to cell phones in the US and Canada.
The Left Bank
The Left Bank, or "La Rive Gauche"...is the chic of the chic. Situated on the edge of the city's most elegant district, the 7th arrondissement, which boasts of the Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides, it's just minutes from Saint-Germain-des-Prés...read more
Métro: Saint-Sulpice Line #4, Mabillon Line#10, Saint-Germain-des-Prés Line #4
Buses: #39, #63, #68, #83, #84, #86, #95, #96
• Digicode entry system
• 1st floor, European (2nd floor American), one flight of charmingly narrow stairs
• Bright window overlooks a quiet courtyard -- building dates back to 1850
• Newly remodeled bistro-themed studio apartment: high quality convertible sofa, mirrored closet, flat-screen TV, stereo alarm clock, genuine bistro table and chairs
• Completely remodeled bath with modern shower, sink and wall-mounted toilet
• New kitchen: dining for two (expandable to four), refrigerator with freezer, microwave oven, 2-burner induction range, toaster
• Plenty of bed linens, hand, bath and kitchen towels
• Laundry closet with a combined washer/dryer
• Hair dryer, iron, and mini ironing board
• A complete array of kitchenware (all cooking utensils, dinner and tableware, serving pieces -- many items were purchased from neighborhood cafes)
• Nespresso machine
• CD stereo player, with an MP3/iPod/iPhone connection
• Flat screen color TV with cable channels, including BBC World, BBC Prime, CNN International and Aljazeera International
• Private telephone line with answering machine
• Free long distance telephone service to over 100 countries, including US and Canada
• Free WiFi Internet access
• Books and guidebooks in English
• Manual with instructions for equipment provided
• Electricity, heat, telephone and Internet included
• No pets allowed
The apartment was small, but it had everything we needed and the location was unbeatable. Our concierge was there waiting for us on the morning we arrived and walked us through the wi-fi, tv, everything and even stopped by when we could not figure out the washing machine. The apartment was just up one flight of narrow stairs, which was a big plus compared to many on the 3rd floor+. Very quiet, facing the nice courtyard where you enter. The location was near to everything, but also seemed insulated from the mass of tourists everywhere we went. I was a little skeptical about the pull-out bed, but all for nothing. It was much more comfortable than the vast majority of hotel beds I have slept on in Europe. So much to see and do right around the apartment, we did not even discover the great little area lined with cafés, bars, restaurants, etc. just the next street over until our third day. Would stay here again, great experience.
Richard R. Chicago, IL
In planning my trip to Paris, through The Adrian Leeds Group (the apartment management company) I arranged for a car service, as the trip from CDG to downtown Paris is quite a jaunt. I was met at the airport by a friendly gentleman who drove me to the front door of the apartment where I was met by the Concierge, who had the apartment all ready for me and stocked with unexpected items such as L'Occitane soaps and Nespresso coffee.
The apartment, which has obviously undergone a very-well done renovation, was perfect for two. It's well-stocked kitchenette proved perfect for cooking in, and the bathroom offered giant, luxurious bath towels and a shower with dual heads including a rain-shower head. The pullout bed was initially a concern for me, but proved to be more comfortable than most hotel beds. The bedding was also a very welcome addition with crisp sheets, a down comforter and down or down-alternative pillows. Ample closet space allowed me to hang things up, unpack and really settle in.
While the apartment is lovely, perhaps it's best attribute is its location. Step out the doors of the quaint courtyard and you are looking directly at the Church of Saint Sulpice. Jardin de Luxembourg is just a few short blocks away and great for an early morning run to justify the chocolate croissants at nearby Poilane. Also nearby is Schmuk, a quaint cafe with outdoor seating perfect for taking in the neighborhood. I would recommend a stop here for a cocktail or wine and appetizers before dinner. From here, stroll to Chez Fernand for the best Boeuf Bourguignon in Paris!
For a great lunch be sure to hit Café de Flore or Les Deux Magots, both only 2 blocks from the apartment.
If your proclivities lie more in the shopping experience, Saint Germain won't disappoint, and all within walking distance! Also in walking distance are the Notre Dame cathedral, The Louvre, the Musée d'Orsay, the Marais and many more must-sees!
I can't recommend this apartment highly enough! 5-stars!!! Thanks for an amazing experience!
Ben L., Seattle, WAFab apartment in a fab location. Stayed here for six days and I loved it! The photos show all of its amenities, including the large, comfortable bed and modern bathroom! The description claims that the bed doesn't feel like a pullout and that is absolutely true. Somedays it was hard to force myself to leave the apartment and all of it's wonderful amenities, like the bed, rain shower, and fashionable decor - even in a gorgeous city like Paris! But when you stay there, you should definitely explore the nearby areas. It's located near many trendy boutiques, famous restaurants (Les Deux Magots) and bakeries (Pierre Herme!), nightlife, and beautiful Parisian sights (Saint-Sulpice). Checking in was very simple and the property managers were easy to coordinate with and very accommodating. I met them at a certain time on my arrival date and they brought little necessities to make my stay easier. The apartment was very clean and everything was in its place. The kitchen was well stocked and made it easy for me to cook a variety of meals for myself. I felt like a true Parisian, dining near the open window, eating in a beautiful atmosphere. I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a lavish apartment in a nice part of Paris.
Abby O., Hawaii
|Price (exclusive of taxes and fees)|
114€ to 216€
644€ to 1,219€
1,839€ to 3,484€
- Security deposit = U.S. dollar equivalent of €1,000 by personal check or credit card authorization.
- Prices vary according to season and availability.
- Minimum rental of 4 night (or 3 nights when booked within 30 days prior to arrival date).
- All linens are supplied, as well as weekly housekeeping, electricity, heat, telephone and Internet.
- Contract is required.
- Rental payment can be made by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover) in U.S. Dollars. To check today's exchange rate, visit Moneycorp Currency Convertor
- Rental Policies
For additional services to enhance your stay in Paris, please see Parler Paris Plus.