Le Charles V
Located at: 7 rue Charles V, 75004 Paris
Paris’ Sweetest One-Bedroom Fractional Ownership Property, Steps from the River Seine Ready for purchase with occupancy beginning Thursday, July 7, 2022.
As seen on House Hunters International! Episode “A Taste For Paris”—Episode HHINT-6801ZH
Interior Designer Martine di Mattéo took this newly renovated and decorated large studio and made it even better by enclosing a space for sleeping, making it a one-bedroom, while still letting in all the sunlight, air and lovely views to every part of the apartment.
Le Charles V is located on the quiet rue Charles V, just steps from the charming Village Saint-Paul with its array of art galleries and antique dealers. For location in Paris, this can’t be beat as it’s only two blocks from the River Seine and the Ile Saint-Louis. Place de la Bastille is also just steps away as well, as is the elegant Place des Vosges. Less than a five-minute walk brings you to several Métro stations—Saint-Paul, Pont-Marie, and Sully-Moland, plus numerous buses serve the area.
Protected by two digicode-controlled doors at street level, the apartment is on the 5th (European) floor of the building with an elevator. Three floor-to-ceiling, east-facing windows fill the apartment with beautiful light during the day, as well as offering a lovely view of the surrounding rooftops.
This one-bedroom apartment has been designed to accommodate up to four people—two in the bedroom on a queen-sized bed that can be separated into twins, and on the comfortable sofa bed in the living area. It is equipped with electric heat and air-conditioning.
Two comfortable armchairs in the living room area allow you to read, watch TV, entertain your guests or just relax. The dining table can seat up to four people. Next to it is a secretary where you can work away or write your memoirs, equipped with a copier/scanner/printer and all the tools for creative writing.
The fully equipped kitchen includes a cooktop, oven, refrigerator, and microwave plus the apartment has its own washer/dryer combo unit.
The bathroom has a shower, sink, and toilet, including a heated towel rack and medicine cabinet, plus a utility closet.
Of course, high-quality bedding and towels are provided for owners’ use in addition to the many other amenities.
The apartment is equipped with WiFi Internet, TV with over 100 channels, including several English-language channels, and free international phone calling to over 110 countries.
The apartment has a cellar in the basement of the building in which non-essentials can be stored.
Métro: St Paul (#1), Bastille (#1, #5, #8), Sully Morland (#7), Pont Marie (#7)
Bus line #s: 67, 72, 76, 86, 87, 96
Special Note: The apartment is currently under complete renovation and furnishings. Some of what we project here may or may not be realized as we humbly require flexibility in making the final appointments. But, we can promise and assure you that the apartment will be renovated and decorated to the ultimate luxury and thoughtfulness at the hands of our illustrious Interior Architect and Designer, Martine di Mattéo.
PRICE OF SHARES:
My personal goal is to provide you with the best possible Fractional Ownership property on the Paris market—something you can love owning and using, that you will have for many years and then later easily resell or be proud to leave to your kids. You’ll find the price of the shares to be very reasonable—a lot less than others on the market, simply because we don’t have to overcharge to make ends meet.
- Shares 1 through 4: € 69,700.00
- Shares 5 through 9: € 72,700.00
- Shares 10 through 13: € 75,700.00
The shares will be sold on a first-come/first-serve basis. When you make your request, you will receive a letter of commitment to sign and access to all supporting documentation:
- Purchase and Escrow documents with a full explanation on the process and procedures.
- All legal documents both for France and the U.S.
- Homeowner Association by-laws.
- Supporting documents regarding the property, such as building meeting notes from the past three years, etc.
To reserve your share, contact us at [email protected] to receive a letter of commitment and full disclosure of all documentation.
This is Paris’ smartest usage calendar; proven by the success it has had with other properties on market we developed. Occupancy for the 13 owners begins on Thursday and ends on Thursday, in two-week intervals, 26 weeks apart. Each year, the rotation moves forward by 10 weeks to allow for a full mix of seasons.
Usage begins July 7, 2022.
Owners may trade weeks with other owners as they like throughout the year and it’s easy to plan as the calendar is set for the next 13 years.
Owners who wish to have four weeks consecutive usage, may choose a share adjacent to another owner with the same request. By trading weeks between them, each can have four weeks of consecutive usage.
Calendar may be altered by a unanimous owners’ vote.
You choose your share letter when you make your share purchase.
ANNUAL DUES & OPERATING COSTS
The owners will share all of the annual costs of operating the property, which means spreading the costs thinly among them. They will all have a voice and share the responsibilities, making this virtually hassle-free.
The operational costs include:
- Taxe d’Habitation: €1,000
- Taxe Foncière: €600
- Electricity: €900
- Building homeowner association charges: €1,225
- Telephone/TV/Internet: €420
- Insurance: €500
- Housekeeping/concierge: €6,795
- Accounting/management: €920
- All U.S. and French tax filing: €3,400
Annual dues estimated:
- €1,350 the first year and reduced the following years due to some first-time costs.
- In addition, there will be a small reserve fund of 350€ for future repairs and replacement as well as a security deposit of 1,500€ held on account.
- Digicode entry system
- 5th floor European (6th floor American) with elevator
- 28.31 square meters (305 square feet)
- Bright, east-southeast facing floor to ceiling windows overlooking with typical Parisian rooftop views
- Antique dining table with four chairs
- Antique secretary desk
- Flat-screen color TV with satellite channels, including English language channels
- Copier/scanner/printer and desk accessories
- Comfortable queen-sized sleeper sofa
- Two upholstered armchairs
- Occasional tables
- Bookcase in living area
- Atelier-style enclosure with sliding doors on both sides
- Queen-sized bed or twin beds
- Antique nightstands and lamps
- Dresser drawers
- Closet with built in shelving and plenty of hangers
- 2-burner electric stovetop
- Refrigerator with freezer
- Nespresso coffee maker and French press
- Complete array of kitchenware (all cooking utensils, dinner, and tableware, serving pieces)
- Cleaning supplies
- Plenty of bed linens, hand, bath, and kitchen towels
- High-speed Internet and WiFi
- Electric heat and air-conditioning
- Cordless telephones (free calling to over 100 countries) with answering machine
- Iron and ironing board