Le Palais du Soleil
Located at: 13 rue Massenet, 06000 Nice
Nice’s newest and most luxurious two-bedroom Fractional Ownership property ready for purchase with occupancy beginning January 5, 2023.
Interior Designer Martine di Mattéo took this one-bedroom diamond-in-the-rough that hadn’t been inhabited for 30 years and turned it into a luxurious two-bedroom/two-bathroom jewel, taking down all the walls to let in all the beautiful views of the streets and sea, as well as incredible streams of sunlight into every part of the apartment. The original floor plan was blocking all the views and light, but with the brilliance of architect Nicole Champagnol, we were able to reconfigure the space to accomplish just short of a miracle.
The curved window in the apartment on the corner of two important pedestrian streets in the very heart of the Carré d’Or just steps from the sea, will make you swoon. There is one balcony overlooking rue de France (north-facing) and another overlooking rue Massenet that provides a view of the Mediterranean Sea and the Promenade des Anglais.
This particular pedestrian street is gaining in popularity and price every minute. This means that there is plenty of life outside your door—tons of cafés, restaurants, and boutiques, but with the installation of the best multi-paned windows and doors money can buy, you will not hear a peep when inside with them closed. The apartment will be air-conditioned and heated, so that if you choose to keep the outside sounds out, you can do so in complete comfort.
This is the best part of Nice, period. It’s the most expensive property in the city for good reason—being steps from the Baie des Anges and the Promenade des Anglais says it all. It’s also just a six-minute walk straight down rue de France (which becomes rue Masséna) to Place Masséna, the absolute heart of Nice. It doesn’t get better than this in Nice for having everything at your toes!
Protected by two digicode-controlled doors at street level, the apartment is on the 2nd (European) floor of the building with an elevator. Six floor-to-ceiling windows facing both north and east fill the apartment with beautiful light during the day, as well as offering gorgeous views of the classic Niçois buildings on the pedestrian streets and a view on the sea, not to mention all the life enjoying the neighboring cafés and restaurants.
This two-bedroom apartment has been designed to accommodate up to six people—four in the bedrooms on queen-sized beds that can be separated into twins, and on the comfortable sofabed in the living area.
The curved living room/dining room/kitchen is the center of activity, with a bedroom accessible from each side. The dining table can seat up to six people. There will be a small desk where you can work away or write your memoirs, equipped with a copier/scanner/printer and all the tools for creative writing.
The fully equipped kitchen includes a four-burner cook top, oven and microwave, refrigerator and dishwasher. Stools at the kitchen counter provide additional seating for simply just hanging out and chatting with your friends and family.
There are two bathrooms and one separate toilet. One bathroom is independent with a tub/shower and sink. The second one is en-suite to the main bedroom with a shower and sink. Both are equipped with a heated towel rack and medicine cabinets.
The apartment has its own washer/dryer combo unit in a special laundry and utility closet.
Of course, high-quality bedding and towels are provided for owners’ use in addition to the many other amenities. There is a cellar where owners can store personal belongings.
The apartment will be equipped with WiFi Internet, TV with over 100 channels, including several English-language channels, and free international phone calling to over 110 countries. The living room will have a large flat-screen TV, as will the main bedroom.
Buses 12, 23, 32, 8, and LR230 have routes that pass near rue Massenet. The East-West Tramway #2 and Tramway #1 are an eight-minute walk away. The airport is 23 minutes by Tramway at the cost of 1.50€ (€1 when you buy 10 tickets at a time!). But, with this location, you’ll be able to navigate almost all of Nice on foot! And you will want to!
PRICE OF SHARES:
My personal goal is to provide you with the best possible Fractional Ownership property on the market—something you can love owning and using, that you will have for many years and then later easily resell or be proud to leave to your kids. You’ll find the price of the shares to be very reasonable—a lot less than others on the market, simply because we don’t have to overcharge to make ends meet.
- Shares 1 through 4: SOLD
- Shares 5 through 9: SOLD
- Shares 10 through 12: SOLD
- Share 13: €109,700
The shares will be sold on a first-come/first-served basis. When you make your request, you will receive a letter of commitment to sign and access to all supporting documentation:
- Purchase and Escrow documents with a full explanation on the process and procedures.
- All legal documents both for France and the U.S.
- Homeowner Association by-laws.
- Supporting documents regarding the property, such as building meeting notes from the past three years, etc.
To reserve your share, contact us at [email protected] to receive a letter of commitment and full disclosure of all documentation.
This is France’s smartest usage calendar; proven by the success it has had with other properties on the market we developed. Occupancy for the 13 owners begins on Thursday and ends on Thursday, in two-week intervals, 26 weeks apart. Each year, the rotation moves forward by 10 weeks to allow for a full mix of seasons.
Usage begins January 5, 2023.
Owners may trade weeks with other owners as they like throughout the year and it’s easy to plan as the calendar is set for the next 13 years.
Owners who wish to have four weeks consecutive usage, may choose a share adjacent to another owner with the same request. By trading weeks between them, each can have four weeks of consecutive usage.
Calendar may be altered by a unanimous owners’ vote.
You choose your share letter when you make your share purchase.
The owners will share all of the annual costs of operating the property, which means spreading the costs thinly among them. They will all have a voice and share the responsibilities, making this virtually hassle-free.
The operational costs include:
- Taxe d’Habitation: €1,000
- Taxe Foncière: €1,000
- Electricity: €600
- Building homeowner association charges: €2,000
- Telephone/TV/Internet: €600
- Insurance: €350
- Housekeeping/concierge: €7,430
- Accounting/management: €920
- All U.S. and French tax filing: €3,400 first year only
- Annual dues are currently estimated at 1,500€ the first year and reduced the following years due to some first-time costs.
- In addition, there will be a small reserve fund of 450€ for future repairs and replacement as well as a security deposit of 1,500€ held on account.
- Digicode entry system
- 2nd floor European (3rd floor American) with elevator
- Bright, north and east-facing floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking pedestrian streets and the Mediterranean Sea
- Two balconies: one facing north overlooking rue de France and the other facing east with a view of the sea
- Heated and air-conditioned
- Antique dining table with six chairs
- 2 flat screen color TVs with satellite channels, including English language channels
- Copier/scanner/printer and desk accessories
- Comfortable queen-sized sleeper sofa
- Occasional tables
- Bookcase in living area
- Queen-sized beds or twin beds
- Closets and drawers with built-in shelving and plenty of hangers
- 4-burner electric stovetop
- Refrigerator with freezer
- Nespresso coffee maker and French press
- Milk frother
- Complete array of kitchenware (all cooking utensils, dinner, and tableware, serving pieces)
- Plenty of bed linens, hand, bath, and kitchen towels
- High-speed Internet and WiFi
- Cordless telephones (free calling to over 100 countries) with answering machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner and all cleaning accessories
Special Note: The apartment is currently under complete renovation and furnishings. Some of what we project here may or may not be realized as we humbly require flexibility in making the final appointments. But, we can promise and assure you that the apartment will be renovated and decorated to the ultimate luxury and thoughtfulness at the hands of our illustrious Interior Architect, Nicole Champagnol and Designer, Martine di Mattéo.