SPECIAL EDITION: Charming and Comfy – Le Petit Saint-Germain
The owners of “Le Petit Saint-Germain” first contacted us with the idea of selling their little apartment. They live on the other side of the planet, had a student in the apartment full time, were not able to use it much themselves as a result and the revenues weren’t enough to make ownership worthwhile.
My first question was, “Why on earth would you want to sell an apartment in such a great location just steps from the three most famous of all the cafés in Saint-Germain unless there was something seriously wrong with it?”
“Really?,” they questioned. “Perhaps you’d like to visit it and give us some advice?”
It turns out the studio apartment they were about to sell was totally charming, in spite of its ‘then role’ as a student abode…up one flight of almost ‘funky’ narrow stairs opening up to a squarish space with a large window overlooking a lovely courtyard. In seconds I could imagine the space transformed into something both they and their guests would love to live in while visiting Paris — a way that they could really enjoy their own property and be proud when others did, too.
Then Martine di Mattéo, our associate Interior Architect and Designer Extraordinaire, came to have a look at it, too. She agreed with us — it was a jewel in the rough and the ideas started to pour out. The owners were able to take a loan to make the improvements and Martine started to work her magic.
– The once “petite cuisine” that was hardly a cuisine at all was moved to another spot in the apartment along one wall and became a truly well-equipped and workable kitchen with all new appliances and cabinetry a pleasure to behold.
– The once tiny bathroom that was adequate, but not luxurious, became a place to enjoy and delight in.
– The bookshelves upon bookshelves were taken down and on each side of the large window replaced with mirrored closets (making the space feel even bigger)– plenty of storage for clothing and suitcases and a perfect hiding spot for a washer/dryer and a new big hot water tank.
– In front of the window, Martine placed a traditional café table and chairs so one could feel as if they were having their “café crème” at Les Deux Magots or Café Flore.
– Instead of a full bed, she added a luxurious burgundy suede-like queen-size sofa bed of the highest quality, that opens and closes in one motion for complete ease and comfort that leaves the room spacious and open.
– On the wall opposite the window, are cubicles of many colors for even more storage, a flat-screen TV, a CD stereo player with iPod dock and a desk that hinges up or down to save space or provide more work space. And of course, photos of the café life abound to decorate and make one feel right at home.
The apartment is missing nothing, particularly style and comfort! Included with the apartment is cable television, with over 100 channels, WiFi and free telephone with answering machine. Transportation is abundant — with two Métro lines within steps of the apartment and eight bus lines. The kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator with freezer, microwave oven, two-burner induction range, toaster plus a complete array of kitchenware, a Nespresso machine and a teapot.
Like all of our apartments, it’s smoke-free and pet-free and is as heavenly a place to call home as one can imagine.
Le Petit Saint-Germain is available for your next stay. Call it home — you’ll be as pleased as the owners are to come home to.
A la prochaine…
Director of The Adrian Leeds Group, LLC
P.S. This and our other Parler Paris and Parler Nice Apartments are all of the highest of quality and comfort. Don’t take the risk of renting directly from an owner when you can be assured of a great stay in a well-taken-care-of property by a devoted staff when you put your confidence in us. Visit Parler Paris Apartments for more information and a wide choice of luxury accommodations.