“Your Invitation to the Parler Parlor Rentrée Breakfast Party, September 22”
For more than 9 years, Marie-Elisabeth Crochard and I have been exchanging French and English conversation with thousands of you of over 50 different nationalities in what we call the “Parler Parlor French-English Conversation Group.” Each year, we celebrate the September rentrée with a special event. This year, we are pleased to invite you to join us for:
FREE RENTREE BREAKFAST PARTY
Saturday, September 22nd at 11 a.m.
Come out and practice the French or English language, and have breakfast for FREE! Enjoy coffee, tea, juice, croissants, pains au chocolats and more!
The party will be held at our Saturday location, Lutèce Langues, 23 bd de Sébastopol, 1st Arrondissement.
Plus, we have special membership offers — sign-up that day and save!
* 12 Sessions for the Price of a 10-Session Card!
* 24 Sessions for the Price of a 20-Session Card!
* 25 Euros Off a 6-Month Membership!
If you’ve never experienced Parler Parlor before, then let me explain just how it works. It is as simple as this:
A coordinator (Marie-Elisabeth or me) directs you into a group of approximately 6 people, balancing it Anglophone-Francophone as well as we can depending on who arrives that session. Usually there are several groups — but we never know who will come nor how many, and there is no predicting it, either! Once the groups are formed, each group is on their own to decide to start off in either French or English. For 45 minutes, they speak in one language, then switch to the other for the last 45 minutes.
The group can discuss any topics they want. We set certain guidelines for success:
1. Be on time. It is disruptive to the groups in session to be added or rearranged to accommodate you.
2. The group should consist of 5 to 7 participants, as well balanced Anglophone/Francophone as possible.
3. When you speak, try to speak slowly and clearly to be easily understood.
4. Only one person should speak at a time. Please avoid speaking to someone in the group while someone else already “has the floor.”
5. Invite everyone to participate and do not monopolize the conversation, especially in your native language. Everyone should have the chance to speak and practice speaking as much as they want in their second language.
6. Start in any language you wish by consensus of the group. Change from one language to the other at half-time (45 minutes) or when it seems appropriate. Sometimes when a group is unbalanced by Anglophones vs. Francophones, you may want wish to compensate by spending more time in the language most group members want to practice speaking.
It’s easy to join the conversation group. All you do is show up 5 minutes ahead and the first time you come is absolutely FREE!
The sessions are 3 times a week and you can come as often or as little as you like:
1. Tuesdays 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Upstairs at La Pierre du Marais
96, rue des Archives at the corner of rue de Bretagne, 75003
3rd arrondissement, Paris
Métro Temple, République or Arts et Métier
2. Wednesdays 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
13 passage Dauphine (entrance between rue Dauphine and rue Mazarine), 6th arrondissement
Métro Odéon, Saint-Michel, Pont Neuf3. Saturdays 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
3. Saturdays 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
AT LUTÈCE LANGUE
23, boulevard de Sébastopol (at the corner of rue de la Reynie), 1st arrondissement
3rd Floor on the Left
(read notice on door to obtain entry code)
Métro Châtelet, Les Halles
Don’t be scared or intimidated by your level of French or English. You have to start SOMEWHERE and remember, everyone is there for the same reason. You’re not alone!
For more information, be sure to visit the Web site at http://www.parlerparlor.com.
We look forward to seeing you at the special Rentrée Breakfast Party!
A la prochaine…
Editor, Parler Paris
P.S. Please invite ALL your French friends to join Parler Parler…as a good balance between Anglophones and Francophones makes the group perfect! For more information, visit the Web site at http://www.parlerparlor.com
Leave a Comment